2019 Volvo Penta D13-IPS1050 IMO III
Call for Price
Volvo Penta IPS1050 IMO III is a perfectly matched package, powered by the in-line 6-cylinder D13, a 12.8-liter, common-rail diesel and a twin-entry turbo. Working together with a perfectly matched IPS3 pod, twin counter-rotating propellers and the Electronic Vessel Control system, this package offers excellent maneuverability, long action range and low emissions. It´s designed to cope with high back pressure and high-sulfur fuel - up to 1,000 ppm. The SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) exhaust aftertreatment system is tailored for a perfect fit. The SCR unit, also a silencer, reduces noise by 35-40 dBA. Volvo Penta has been able to fulfil IMOIII exhaust emission targets while maintaining the same low fuel consumption. And thanks to SCR, the engine power output remains unaffected.
- Rated rpm: 2300
- Crankshaft Power, kW: 588
- Crankshaft Power, hp: 800
- Rating: Rating 4
- Emission compliance: IMO NOx Tier III, EPA Tier 3
- Number of Cylinders: 6
- Cylinder Configuration: 6
- Aspiration: Dual stage turbo with twin charge air coolers
- Emission control technology: Selective Catalytic Reduction
- High-pressure fuel injection: Electronic unit injectors
- Control system: Electronic Vessel Control
- Cooling system: Heat Exchanger Cooling
- Displacement (L): 12.8
- Maneuverability: Steerable pods provide superior slow-speed maneuverability and excellent high-speed handling. Docking is easy and safe, even in confined spaces. The outstanding maneuverability also leads to efficient driver response and high safety.
- High Performance: This perfectly matched, integrated engine and pod system includes twin-entry turbo and supercharger providing outstanding performance and excellent maneuverability throughout the operating range. By working in undisturbed water, the forward-facing propellers enhance the already high performance.
- Comfort: The engine and pod system is designed for low noise and pleasant onboard environment. A combined rubber suspension and seal absorb propulsion forces and vibrations. And all exhaust fumes are emitted through the pods and into the prop wash for improved comfort.
- Electronic Vessel Control: Volvo Penta Electronic Vessel Control fully integrates the engines, electronics and the unique set of optional features, such as Joystick Docking, Dynamic Positioning System, Glass Cockpit and more. The system also includes built-in redundancy to ensure there is always a backup system at hand.
- Solid and Robust Package: The engine is designed and built to be immensely strong, with a cylinder block and cylinder head made of cast-iron. Together, the engine and pod forms a compact, robust and highly efficient package that is easy to install. This gives excellent reliability and long-term durability.
- Long Service Life: A propulsion system from Volvo Penta is easy to maintain. Our comprehensive range of high-quality oil, lubrication and coolant ensures uptime and top performance in the long term. Accessories include a fuel pre-filter to keep the engine in good condition.
- Engine Type
- 800 hp
- 12.8 L
- Fuel Induction
- Electronic unit injectors