2019 Volvo Penta D16 MH
Call for Price
Volvo Penta D16 MH is an in-line 6-cylinder, 16.1-liter, charge air cooled marine diesel engine using a high-pressure unit injector system, overhead camshaft and a twin-entry turbocharger. This contributes to excellent operating economy and world-class diesel performance, combined with low emissions.
- Rated rpm: 1800
- Crankshaft Power, kW: 368
- Crankshaft Power, hp: 500
- Rating: Rating 1
- Emission compliance: EU IWW, IMO Nox Tier II
- Number of Cylinders: 6
- Aspiration: Twin entry turbo with charge air cooler
- High-pressure fuel injection: Electronic unit injectors
- Control system: Electronic Vessel Control, Marine Commercial Control, CAN Open Interface
- Cooling system: Heat Exchanger Cooling
- Displacement (L): 16.1
- Robust and Reliable: This engine is developed for extreme, long-term reliability. The basic design features robust engine blocks manufactured from high-strength castings, large bearing surfaces, powerful crankshafts with all components engineered to withstand the toughest conditions.
- Unique Marine Torque: The unique marine torque of the Volvo Penta diesel engines stands out among the competition by offering increased load-carrying capability, rapid acceleration, and the ability to maintain a high cruising speed, irrespective of load or sea state.
- High Fuel Efficiency: The high-tech fuel injection system helps make the engine highly fuel efficient. The control unit monitors several parameters which reduces the overall fuel consumption.
- World-Class Performance: The electronic management system contributes to making this a very smooth-running engine with world-class diesel performance, with low fuel consumption and low emission levels.
- Long Service Life: A propulsion system from Volvo Penta is easy to maintain. Our comprehensive range of high-quality oil, lubrication and coolant ensures uptime and top performance in the long term. Accessories include a fuel pre-filter to keep the engine in good condition.
- Electronic Control Systems: Volvo Penta offers two type-approved systems for on-board electronic control. Electronic Vessel Control fully integrates the engines, electronics and a range of optional features. Marine Commercial Control System is an open system that is easily integrated into the ship's control system.
- Engine Type
- 500 hp
- 16.1 L
- Fuel Induction
- Electronic unit injectors