2019 Volvo Penta D8-550
Call for Price
Volvo Penta D8-550 is an in-line 6-cylinder, 7.7-liter diesel engine using common-rail fuel injection, double overhead camshafts, a twin-entry turbo, and supercharger. The engine offers excellent maneuverability at low speeds, high power-to-weight ratio, and low fuel consumption.
- Rated rpm: 2900
- Crankshaft Power, kW: 405
- Crankshaft Power, hp: 550
- Emission compliance: IMO Nox Tier II, EU RCD Stage II, EPA Tier 3
- Number of Cylinders: 6
- Aspiration: Twin entry turbo with charge air cooler
- High-pressure fuel injection: Common-rail fuel injection
- Control system: Electronic Vessel Control
- Displacement (L): 7.7
- Better onboard experience: The common-rail technology means minimal vibrations and low noise levels. The wide rpm range provides smooth handling during both acceleration and cruising.
- World-class power-to-weight ratio: This engine is perfect for applications that require low weight with high power in order to achieve peak performance, often in demanding conditions.
- Unique Marine Torque: Volvo Penta engines excel with their unique marine torque. High torque at low rpm gives rapid acceleration to the plane and massive maneuvering power. Even at high load and high rpm, the torque remains strong to provide efficient cruising speed in all conditions.
- Optimized fuel consumption: The high-tech fuel injection system together with the light and compact dimensions help make the engine highly fuel efficient. The control unit monitors several parameters to reduce the overall fuel consumption.
- Electronic Vessel Control: Volvo Penta Electronic Vessel Control fully integrates the engines, electronics and the unique set of optional features, such as Single-lever Mode, Cruise Control, Glass Cockpit and more. e-Key is standard.
- Long service life: A propulsion system from Volvo Penta is easy to maintain. Our comprehensive range of high-quality oil, lubrication and coolant ensures uptime and top performance in the long term. Accessories include a fuel pre-filter to keep the engine in good condition.
- Engine Type
- 550 hp
- 7.7 L
- Fuel Induction
- Common-rail fuel injection